All the major changes since launch
Want to receive those changes by email? Subscribe to the newsletter! It’s sent once a week on Sunday.
18 July 2017
- Add Indian rupee currency.
- Add Danish krone currency.
- Add Czech translation.
13 July 2017
- Add ability to keep track of phone calls.
04 July 2017
- Add supprort for organizing people into tags.
- Add ability to filter contacts per tags on the contact list.
02 July 2017
- Update the design of the latest actions on the dashboard.
- Speed up the display of the contact lists when there is a lot of contacts in the account.
29 June 2017
- Add import from vCard (or .vcf) in the Settings panel.
- Add ability to reset account. Resetting an account will remove everything - but won't close the account like deletion would.
24 June 2017
- On the people's tab, filters are now placed above the table.
22 June 2017
- Add ability to define name order (Firstname Lastname or Lastname Firstname) in the Settings panel.
20 June 2017
- Add support for mutiple users in one account.
16 June 2017
- Add automatic reminders when setting a birthdate When adding a birthdate (contact, kid, significant other). When updating or deleting the person, the reminder will be changed accordingly.
15 June 2017
- Add reminder automatically when you set the birthdate of a contact.
- Add timezone for Switzerland.
14 June 2017
- Add ability to edit a note.
- Add ability to edit a debt.
- Add support for South African ZAR currency.
13 June 2017
- Add job information and company name for your contacts.
- Gifts now display comments if defined, as well as who the gift is for.
12 June 2017
- Add Export to SQL feature, under Settings > Export data.
- You can now deploy your own instance to Heroku if you want to host the application yourself using a one-click button.
10 June 2017
- Add support for other currencies (CAD $, EUR €, GBP £, RUB ₽) for the gifts and debts section. This is set in the User setting. Default is USD $.
- Add ability to define main social network accounts to a contact (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
09 June 2017
- Add Russian translation.
- Add Portuguese (Brazil) translation.
08 June 2017
- Dramatically reduce the number of queries necessary to load the list of contacts on the People's tab.
- Phone number are now treated like a string and not integers on the front-end side.
- Add Gravatar support for contacts with no photos.
- Fix US typos.
07 June 2017
- Add ability to delete a contact
- Add third gender option Rather not say, along with Man and Woman. This new field is also the default option when adding someone.
- Add ability to disable signups entirely in a Monica instance (useful for self-hosted solution) with an env variable set in .env file.
- Google Analytics and Intercom scripts are now not printed if env variables are not set for them.
- Fix some grammar errors.
- When seeding the database, the countries table is now truncated.
- Contact page now shows in the title HTML tag the name of the person so it's easier to see in the browser with multiple opened tabs.
06 June 2017
- Thanks to the community, a lot of bugs have been solved already. More fixes will be submitted soon.
- Remove age limitation when adding the birthdate of someone (significan other, contact, kid).
- Posted on Hacker News. I got a shit load of traffic and new users, and a lot of bugs that I will need to fix very quickly. Thanks for trying me out, and thanks for all the kind words.
05 June 2017
- Add a new dashboard that displays more useful information (not mobile optimized at the moment).
02 June 2017
- Simplify the list of users.
30 May 2017
- You can now manage debts - money you've borrowed from friends, or money they owe you.
29 May 2017
- Change how reminders work.
- When adding a kid or significant other's birthdates, a reminder is now automatically created.
03 May 2017
- Force HTTPS on all page load.
- The marketing site is now on a different server and has been moved out from the main application.
- Refactor of how child are managed for a given contact. I hope I've fixed most bugs around this part.
02 May 2017
- Change the structure of the page when viewing a contact.
15 February 2017
- Add reminders for the next 30 days on the dashboard.
14 February 2017
- Add counters in all tabs in the contact view.
- Localize multiple terms that were not in the translation system.
13 February 2017
- Adding a note is now done on a separate page.
12 February 2017
- Add a personal diary feature.
11 February 2017
- Add a search bar to contact list.
- Add ability to add photos to contacts.
10 February 2017
- Major rewrite (again). This change was needed to add unit tests to the application. Most of the code is now tested automatically. I hope you will encounter less bugs from now on.
- The application is now open source.
- Slight redesign of the contact view.
- Redesign of the contact list.
14 January 2017
- Contacts have now their own avatars, composed of their initials.
02 January 2017
- New marketing website. Happy new year.
27 December 2016
- Add a newsletter. Please subscribe to be informed of what's new, straight in your inbox.
25 December 2016
- Add a better list of contacts. The list is now sortable and searchable.
- Add a better layout on mobile for the header.
22 December 2016
- Add gift management. You can now track gifts you would like to offer to someone, or gifts you already offered.
- Fix a bug about the display of number of kids in the People list
12 December 2016
- Add French translation. The translation system is now in place and I'll be able to translate the application in any language from now on.
09 December 2016
- Add first version of the dashboard. The second version will add statistics.
06 December 2016
- Major redesign of the application. It took me a lot of time. This will allow to add features more easily.
28 October 2016
- Add encryption for all the data in the database. If the database is stolen or the information leaked, data are unreadable without the encryption key.
26 October 2016
- Add weather information for the city the contact lives in
- Add ability to set an address for a contact
25 October 2016
- Add better support for using Monica on your mobile phone. It should work better now.
23 October 2016
- Add better icons in the application. I'll add more icons in the coming days to add more life to the interface.
22 October 2016
- When you delete your account, it now truly deletes it completely from the database. No possible recoveries.
- Add public statistics page.
20 October 2016
- Add ability to define food preferences
- Add ability to choose between a full width layout or a smaller one (activated through Settings page).
- Add ability to update the name of a contact.
14 October 2016
- Add ability to delete account.
- Add release notes page.
09 October 2016
- First release of Monica to the public after months of hard work.